Joe Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A New Path Begins

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joshua Williams
Main Event
Main Event
Joshua Williams

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2006-12-30

Wrestler Info
Record: 0-0-0
Alignment: Neutral

A New Path Begins Empty
PostSubject: A New Path Begins   A New Path Begins EmptyFebruary 25th 2007, 11:26 pm

An elderly Asian gentleman approaches Bobby’s cell. He’s wearing a trenchcoat with an old fashioned matching hat. He has a rather small yet solid frame. The gentleman has excellent posture, carrying himself fluidly with crisp motions.

Yorito: Bobby Ocean, it’s a pleasure to finally meet you in person. It’s unfortunate our first meeting is under these circumstances, but fate has made it so.
(Bobby is perplexed. He had never seen this man before.)

Bobby: Huh? Who are you? How do you know me?
Yorito: The real question is…who are YOU? And do YOU even know yourself?
(Bobby starts to get upset)

Bobby: Listen man, I had the worst night of my life tonight. I don’t want to talk about it, but as you can see, I’m in jail and talking to you: a guy that I’ve never met, seen, or spoken to in my life. And you’re asking me bullshit questions.
Yorito: You have not met or spoken to me before, but you have certainly seen me. And now you’ve spoken to me. My name is Yorito Chang. I am a retired martial artist and cage fighter. …Now, you have met me.
(Bobby seems apathetic about what Yorito has to say)

Bobby: Alright man, that’s all good and well…but why the hell are you talking to me? I just want to be left alone right now.
Yorito: Is that what you’re going to keep doing? Pushing people away instead of addressing what lies inside of you?
(Bobby’s apathy turns into rage as Yorito maintains a calm demeanor)

Bobby: What do you want from me?! You think I’m gonna open up to someone I don’t even know?
Yorito: Even if it isn’t me, who will it be Bobby? Will it be another victim who you seriously injure with your rage?
(Bobby sits quietly and is unable to come up with an answer)

Yorito: I’ve been following your high school basketball career. I heard about your athletic exploits through peers. Many say, you’re a phenomenal athlete. I had to see it for myself.
Bobby: Thanks…I guess.

Yorito: I’m not entirely impressed by your athletic exploits as my peers are, but when I first saw you I noticed something in you that I have not seen by some of the best fighters in the world. Your aura drew me to you and I saw a latent energy in you.
Bobby: A latent energy?

Yorito: Precisely. That latent energy has shown signs of its presence before in your small fits of rage and anger on the court, but tonight it came out full-blown. I knew it was only a matter of time in which the energy would be extracted.
Bobby: Alright, now I’m really starting to get freaked out.

Yorito: I want to train you.
Bobby: Train me? Who said I wanted to be trained? Didn’t I just say I’m getting freaked out?

Yorito: Do you really think that you have any other viable options? Your basketball career is done and your actions tonight are going to make headlines. This is going to follow you wherever you go.
Bobby: You don’t think I know that already?

Yorito: I’m sure you do. I know of your already established discipline and poise. That is why I want to take you on as my pupil. I know if I had an opportunity to harness your power into a useful form of fighting, you could probably be one of the best fighters that has ever graced the Earth.
Bobby: Me? But I’m only a basketball player. I’ve only been in regular fights at school and stuff. Nothing professional.

Yorito: And how did you fair in these impromptu fights?
Bobby: Well, I basically kicked ass. The guys that I fought didn’t stance a chance.

Yorito: Exactly. You have the fighter instinct and mentality. With the proper tutelage, there’s no stopping you. You are well-suited to be a fighter. I know this is all very overwhelming, but I am offering you an opportunity of a lifetime. You must trust that I am acting in your best interests.
Bobby: You’re right man. This is overwhelming. It’s a little too much for me right now. I had a crazy night and you’re not making it any better. I can’t help but be skeptical right now, but I wanna know what’s in it for you?

Yorito: An opportunity and honor to train someone like you. If you succeed as a fighter, I will be credited with your training. That will cement my legacy and bring honor to my family name. I’m sure you know plenty about honor. I am aware that you did not call your parents.
Bobby: That’s not cool man. How do you know all these things?

Yorito: Under my training, you would learn my secrets. You would learn more than how to be a fighter, such as how to assess situations, control and harness your anger, and have a more enriching outlook on life.
Bobby: Well, what do you want me to say?

Yorito: Nothing. Just take some time to think. I’ve paid for your bail. Go home and tell your parents what has happened and I ask of you to be honest. Explain to them the opportunity that I have offered.
Bobby: Are you serious? You’re paying for my bail?

Yorito: I’m very serious about this. A bright future is in the palm of your hand and a great energy lies within your soul, Bobby Ocean. The choice is yours.
Bobby: Well, how do I get in touch with you?

Yorito: Don’t worry…I’ll get in touch with you.
(Yorito signals to an officer and exits promptly thereafter. As an officer comes and opens Bobby’s cell)

Bobby doesn’t know what to think. He scratches his head picks up his things and exits the police station. Bobby takes a deep breath and walks home in the dark, cold night.
Back to top Go down

A New Path Begins
Page 1 of 1